WELCOME TO ISSS BANGALORE CHAPTER
The Department of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, College of Agriculture, Bangalore has a long cherished existence. The subject of Soil Science was being taught since 1913 in the Agricultural School established at Hebbal, Bangalore. However, a full fledged Department of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry then named as Department of Chemistry and Soils came into existence in 1946 with the starting of the Agricultural College. Subsequently, with the formation of UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES in 1965, the UG programme was initiated under the trimester system. The Department of Chemistry and Soils was the first to start PG teaching and research in 1966 with both M.Sc and Ph.D degree programmes in the University. Since then, 300 M.Sc and 85 Ph.D students have obtained their degrees in Soil science from the Department. The name of the Department was changed to SOIL SCIENCE AND AGRICULTURAL CHEMISTRY in 1986 in the University.
The academic and research activity of the Department was nurtured and focused over hundred years by distinguished Agricultural Chemists.
@Dept. Of Soil Science & Agril. Chemistry ,GKVK
80th Annual Convention of Indian Society of Soil Science
5th- 8th December 2015
Indian Society of Soil Science